We’re grateful to the many people who generously give their most precious asset – their time – to support our mission and the ALS community.
Ways to volunteer
Volunteering with the ALS Society of Quebec isa fulfilling way to contribute to the cause.
Are you looking for ideas about how you could offer your time and talents as a volunteer? These are just a few examples of the types of volunteer opportunities we offer:
- Professional: Writing, translating, photography, programming, web development, graphic design and first aid are among the professional skills we frequently require.
- Support: Volunteering with our support program is a perfect match for those who are compassionate, empathetic, and have excellent communication and listening skills. Opportunities include helping the staff team with support groups, providing family members with respite during home visits, and representing ALS Quebec at ALS clinics.
- Administrative: Filing documents, assembling information kits and other activities that fulfill our administrative needs are a good fit for those with great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ambassador: Our ambassadors share their lived experience with ALS to raise awareness and advocate for the needs of the ALS community. Ambassadors speak at fundraising events, schools, and organizations and do interviews with the media, inspiring others to take action against ALS.
- Special event: There are many different types of volunteer roles available for those who have great team spirit to contribute to fundraising events like the Walk to End ALS and the Ride to Fight ALS.
- Leadership: Professionals from the business community offer management and networking skills and experience that align with our strategic and governance and organizing committee needs.
Interested in contributing your time and talents?
Here’s how to get involved.
Tell us about your volunteer interests, availability and the skills and experience you are interested in contributing. We will keep your record on file and contact you as suitable opportunities arise.
From time to time, we post volunteer opportunities publicly and invite applications.