We believe that no one affected by ALS should be left on the sidelines or feel alone in navigating their changing needs.
We offer a range of services to Quebecers and those supporting them at every stage of the disease, from diagnosis through to end-of-life and bereavement. Our services are also available to people and families affected by primary lateral sclerosis (PLS).
Whether you are living with ALS, supporting someone, or a health care professional, register with us today and take the first step in accessing our services.
Check out our online resource centre, e-newsletter, and webinars.
They’re a great way to access information about the practical aspects of living with ALS, providing care to a loved one with the disease, new research developments, and initiatives at ALS Quebec. You’ll also receive our regular e-newsletter.
We offer personalized professional support with our team of counsellors as well as informal peer support in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Our counsellors offer one-on-one support to help you navigate your ongoing needs. We can orient you to the various healthcare and social services available and help identify which ones may be right for you. We will follow up regularly to make sure you are receiving all the services to which you are entitled, and we staff a toll-free line to respond to your questions and concerns.
- You can benefit from the knowledge and personal experiences of others in the ALS community through support groups and one-on-one peer support. Whether you are newly diagnosed with ALS, managing your changing symptoms, preparing for future needs, providing care, or grieving the loss of your loved one, there is likely a peer support offering geared to your needs.
Interested in one-on-one peer support?
Learn about upcoming support groups
- Living with ALS can become costly, but there are resources that can help to ease the financial burden of the disease. We’ll help direct you to these resources. We also offer some short-term, last-resort financial assistance (conditions apply).
- With the financial support of the Tenaquip Foundation, we are thrilled to offer our Seize the Day program that brings joy and delight into the lives of families with ALS. Whether you’d like to travel, watch a hockey game, or host a big party, we can help make your memorable experience come true.
- Families registered with ALS Quebec are eligible to receive the following discounts and preferred rates. Please contact us for more information.
- TELUS Health: $10 per month off the LivingWell Companion service
- Location Légaré: This vehicle rental specialist in the greater Montreal area offers 12% to 25% off the rental of an adapted vehicle.
- ALS affects the whole family, and children are no exception. Thanks to a grant from the Fondation Bon départ de Canadian Tire du Québec, ALS Quebec is proud to offer financial assistance to families affected by ALS so they can continue to promote and support their children’s healthy development. Whether it’s preserving the normalcy of extracurricular activities, tutoring, or psychological support, this program will offer $300 per child under 18.
- Respite care for families affected by ALS is now available thanks to the support of Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec. ALS Quebec is proud to offer funding for a trusted person to provide caregivers with a much-needed break, allowing them to attend to personal needs or simply relax. The fund provides up to 12 hours of respite care per family, with a minimum of 4 hours per block. As the fund is limited, we encourage families to take advantage of this opportunity.
Connecting with others affected by ALS can be a source of strength and comfort.
We regularly host social events and networking activities to bring the ALS community together. Our social media channels are another chance to engage, and we also provide ways to connect with ALS researchers and clinicians.
Whether you wish to advocate for the needs of the ALS community, contribute your time and talents as a volunteer, or join our Ambassador’s Club to help raise awarenes and funds there are many different ways to support the cause.