Vision, mission and values
Founded in 1983, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Quebec is a non-profit organization focused on the well-being of the ALS community in Quebec.
Together, we can realize our vision:
People affected by ALS have the necessary resources, support, and opportunities to live their lives to the fullest.
Our commitment to people affected by ALS in Quebec:
- To support them with a complete range of services adapted to all stages of the disease.
- To empower them to improve their living conditions and their current and future environment.
- To advocate for their rights with key political actors and bring about change in their favour.
- To raise awareness and understanding of the disease and mobilize the public to contribute to the cause.
- To fund the most promising and relevant research projects that could improve their living conditions and cure the disease.
- Excellence: We aim for the highest ethical and professional standards, combining expertise and quality of human relationships. We constantly strive to improve our approach, tools, and services.
- Collaboration: We believe that collaborative approaches are a lever for greater impact. We rely on partnerships and concerted actions to successfully carry out our mission.
- Adaptability: We are flexible and agile in order to adapt our methods and ways of being to meet the needs and expectations of people affected by ALS.
- Transparency: We believe that open and sincere communication is a guarantee of trust and commitment.
- Inclusion: We ensure that we welcome and include everyone, regardless of their background and pace. We create spaces for dialogue and encounters where everyone is accepted without judgment or discrimination.