Culinary Care in ALS – A Nutritional Toolkit
The ALS Society of Quebec is proud to offer its nutritional toolkit called ” Culinary Care in ALS “. Intended for people with ALS, their caregivers, and health care professionals, it includes specialized content to help families address the changing nutritional needs throughout their journey with ALS.
The Nutritional Toolkit explores the following topics:
- Tips for safer swallowing and how to manage choking;
- How to make modified food textures more appetizing;
- Optimizing and maintaining oral health;
- How to equip your kitchen for modified textured diets and thickened liquids with links to go-to recipes and cookbooks;
- Where to access specialized supplies and other important supportive resources in your community, when you might be in need of help to prepare modified meals;
- Common questions about the topic of enteral feeding.